Thursday, April 5, 2012

Drawing A Blank

I haven't scrapbooked in years. I started scrapbooking after I went to a store with my high school French teacher. I remember thinking all the Jolee's Boutique things were so cool. She made these handmade cards for Christmas and one had a Charlie Brown type of tree made out of a real twig and real mini Christmas lights! So cool. Forward a year or so and I had wanted to give it a try. With a baby on the way and nothing but time on my hands, I was able to scrapbook.

I like scrapbooking because I love looking back and seeing what things I thought were important enough to create artwork out of. Forward a year, I have pictures, no supplies. Then supplies, no prints. It became too much catch up and I lost my way with it.

I had seen digital scrapbooks and at the time was all paper. I didn't like it. About a year or so ago, I had seen this thing on a different scrapbooker's blog that said "There is no right or wrong way to preserve your memories"
That stuck so much with me. True, I didn't care for digital and didn't know what to do or where to begin, but I saw that years now had gone by that were unscrapped just because I never seemed to have the time, money, space, or pictures all at once.

I use Photoshop CS3 or GIMP to digiscrap. I'm not that good, and I have the same digi stash from the day I decided to start. I plan to do more.

Anyways, so off topic. I love scrapbooking. I have found that the pages I love to see and to make are the ones that don't necessarily document an event. The ones I like are the "deep" ones. Where you say something from the heart.

Buuuuuuut, I always draw a blank. I'm intimidated by the "important" or "right" words to say. I made these layouts a year ago. To date, of the minimal scrapbooking I do, only few have the completed journaling.



No comments:

Post a Comment