I had originally had some patterned paper but I decided to use the negative with whtie font (which I love). It was nice to have my picture perfect photo and actually put some realy journaling down.
Sunday, May 27, 2012
Many moons ago (now it seems) we celebrated my sister and bro-in-law to be's birthday. My camera sucked at the time. I was really excited to buy this Canon point and shoot. The pictures were so awful and kind of repetitive, so I used Pixlr-O-Matic to edit them and make them more interesting. I have been sooo busy that I haven't had much time to upload or post anything. I spent some time colllaging them together. I'm quite excited.
P.S. I don't have access to cool fonts on the computer I'm using, but I realized with my portable GIMP, I can copy the image from a font website and then remove the text and apply as a layer. This has been a huge life saver.
I had seen this picture on Etsy of a tie on a onesie. I knew this was something I had to try. I drew a tie on paper and placed it accordingly. It had been some time since I embroidered anything, I figured this was a good time to whip something up again. Luckily I had this piece of scrap fabric and matching floss. It took about an episode of Korra (Avatar, must see show) to complete using a backstitch. I then placed on onesie, topstitched then zigzag stitched. I was really happy at how quickly the onesie came together.
I had made booties before. I believe they were kimono; being girl shoes, they were easier to me as fastenings on girls shoes are kind of decorative. I approximated the size (hopefully they'll fit) and used an old pattern I traced off the computer a while back. The fabric is like cargo pants fabric ( I know, I don't know what it's called). I wanted a thicker feel for the shoes. I had doubled the fabric and this made it quick thick. Also, the smaller the project and thicker fabric, it's harder to manage. Buuuut, I did get it done. And I was quite excited about it.