Sunday, May 27, 2012

For Little Baby Vance




I had seen this picture on Etsy of a tie on a onesie. I knew this was something I had to try. I drew a tie on paper and placed it accordingly. It had been some time since I embroidered anything, I figured this was a good time to whip something up again. Luckily I had this piece of scrap fabric and matching floss. It took about an episode of Korra (Avatar, must see show) to complete using a backstitch. I then placed on onesie, topstitched then zigzag stitched.  I was really happy at how quickly the onesie came together.

Booties.
I had made booties before. I believe they were kimono; being girl shoes, they were easier to me as fastenings on girls shoes are kind of decorative. I approximated the size (hopefully they'll fit) and used an old pattern I traced off the computer a while back. The fabric is like cargo pants fabric ( I know, I don't know what it's called). I wanted a thicker feel for the shoes. I had doubled the fabric and this made it quick thick. Also, the smaller the project and thicker fabric, it's harder to manage. Buuuut, I did get it done. And I was quite excited about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment